Lc0 download.

Anything about the Lc0 chess engines, clones or Lc0-based chess engines. Tests must be posted in the Tests section.
Forum rules
Post only Lc0 related material (such as news or download links to legal distributions).
massimilianogoi
Site Admin

Lc0 download.

Post by massimilianogoi »

v0.30.0-rc1 Pre-release

In this release:

Support for networks with attention body and smolgen added to blas, cuda, metal and onnx backends.
Persistent L2 cache optimization for the cuda backend. Use the cache_opt=true backend option to turn it on.
Some performance improvements for the cuda, onnx and blas backends.
Added the threads backend option to onnx, defaults to 0 (let the onnxruntime decide) except for onnx-cpu that defaults to 1.
The onnx-dml package now includes a directml.dll installation script.
Some users experienced memory issues with onnx-dml, so the defaults were changed. This may affect performance, in which case you can use the steps=8 backend option to get the old behavior.
The Python bindings are available as a package, see the README for instructions.
Some assorted fixes and code cleanups.

https://github.com/LeelaChessZero/lc0/releases

Addtitional networks:
http://training.lczero.org/networks/1
People who have lost the hope.
massimilianogoi
Site Admin

Re: Lc0 download.

Post by massimilianogoi »

Lc0 performed very bad on any of my tests, except a few ones. This is the reason why I never hosted it on my website.

The excuse of a poor video card could hold once, but not anymore: the time management still sucks, and the other top engines find better moves. Nonetheless, Lc0 surprisingly finds immediately the best move on many opening positions, while other engines require more time. But this behaviour is not constant: on some opening position Lc0 is still imprecise.
People who have lost the hope.