Engine-Test Experiment on Lichess

Solista

Re: Engine-Test Experiment on Lichess

Post by Solista »

I have created several accounts on Lichess, and I think I will create another account. To test everything possible. But I won't allow myself to be forbidden from testing things that are legal and comply with the rules! But that's exactly what you're doing. You want to ban things. You have banned ProteusSF from your leaderboard. Because you can't accept that other people only play against weak accounts. If you say everything is just fun and unofficial, but at the same time you discriminate against people who play legally, it's no longer fun. Do what you want. I've now decided to play with an account like ProteusSF to prove that getting first place like that isn't a big deal. I showed that in this thread. I didn't do this to brag. But AlexChess brags about it every day on his forum and another forum. I won't let you forbid me the freedom to contradict him.

What bothers me is that your list with the Lichess logo suggests to people outside of Lichess that it is an official Lichess list.

I have come to the realization that you are doing this intentionally just to defame others. Most of the best players currently have an Elo of 2900 to 3000 in Blitz. A player who has 2950 Elo today might have 2970 Elo tomorrow and maybe only 2930 Elo the day after. Why do you have to report new water level reports every two hours? What is it good for? It doesn't matter whether I have 20 Elo more or less in 2 hours.

You don't need a list for something like that. No. You would like to discriminate against people who play differently than described. That's why you made a banished list so you can insult dishonest players (who play correctly).

Now that's my opinion about you. Sorry, sorry but that's how I feel. Keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep doing what I want.
IbaiBuR

Post by IbaiBuR »

Eduard, I never forbid you to do what you want at the server. Or did I? Who am I to forbid someone to do what he wants at Lichess? I cannot do that, so do not make things up.

I just removed you from the list which is what you told me to do, no more no less. I removed ProteusSF for the same reason as you, for boosting / artificially increasing its elo by solely playing against very weak BOTs. If you want to prove that to ProteusSF, fine, I already knew it was very easy, but in that way you will only encourage him to cheat more and more (both at PlayChess and Lichess).

Excuse me, but where do you see the Lichess logo here: https://lb.chessnibble.com. This is the website for the leaderboard, the link you are constantly pointing out is not, it is just a Lichess team!

It is updated every 2 hours so the rankings are updated, I do not think that it is that difficult to understand.

Fine, you can think whatever you want about me, everyone has its own opinions, but what seems unnecessary to me is that you post the same thing in multiple forums plus your homepage and continuously ping and mention me, which is very annoying. Is it that difficult to ignore me and the list since you are not even interested in it and you dislike it?
Solista

Post by Solista »

Currently only this much about your question because of the forums in which I post:

Jeremy Bernsein intentionally blocks me on the Open Chess Forum, and sometimes bans me. I couldn't answer there. That is the sad truth. That's why I changed the forum. Apparently no one moderates there, but that's wrong. I received email requests that people wanted to register in the Open Chess Forum but couldn't. I can't edit my account there either, and I can't send PMs anymore. Nevertheless, Jeremy is there and secretly moderates the forum. Secretly!! I was insulted there with things like "You're a drunk and you swallow pills." Apparently Jeremy tolerates that sort of thing. But he locks me out from time to time and blocks my postings. I didn't really want to write anything, but I couldn't answer you in the Open Chess Forum.
Solista

Post by Solista »

I thought we lived in a democracy and the "Open Chess Forum" was an open forum. I'm being insulted badly, but I can't respond because the moderator there secretly blocks me. That's disgusting, sorry! I no longer consider Jeremy B. a chess friend. I no longer respect people who secretly block others but tolerate nasty insults. You asked me and I have now answered you honestly, I am always honest and say what I think.
IbaiBuR

Post by IbaiBuR »

Okay, then I understand you...

I was not aware of that sorry...

I know you answered me honestly, I just want all this to end. I saw this morning you were playing with BotLi with @EdoBot account against strong BOTs btw.

I really created the list for fun and not to defame people, believe me. And I have nothing against you, in fact I was not even the one who banned your BOTs but other member of the team.
Solista

Post by Solista »

IbaiBuR wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:22 am Okay, then I understand you...

I was not aware of that sorry...

I know you answered me honestly, I just want all this to end. I saw this morning you were playing with BotLi with @EdoBot account against strong BOTs btw.

I really created the list for fun and not to defame people, believe me. And I have nothing against you, in fact I was not even the one who banned your BOTs but other member of the team.
Yes. I'm actually not interested in the shit Bullet Elo. I just want to prove that ProteusSF doesn't do anything special! Someone has to prove it, and if I don't, who will?

I now use Your tool BotLi.

First: thank you for that.

Ask:
I would like to play matchmaking with time controls between 3 min to 5 min + 0s.

------------------------------------------
matchmaking:
delay: 10 # Time in seconds the bot must be idle before a new challenge is started.
timeout: 30 # Time until a challenge is canceled.
types: # Matchmaking types of which one is randomly selected before each game.
bullet: # Arbitrary name of the matchmaking type. Names must be unique.
tc: 3+1 # Time control in initial_minutes+increment_seconds format.
rated: true # Whether matchmaking should play rated games.
variant: standard # Chess variant (https://lichess.org/variant) to challenge.
weight: 100 # Weight with which this type is selected. (Default: 100)
multiplier: 15 # Multiplier for calculating timeouts in matchmaking. Higher values lead to a wider

Are there special settings for this, or is only time control always possible e.g. 3+1, 3+0, 4+0, 5+0?
IbaiBuR

Post by IbaiBuR »

Solista wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:25 pm
Yes. I'm actually not interested in the shit Bullet Elo. I just want to prove that ProteusSF doesn't do anything special! Someone has to prove it, and if I don't, who will?

I now use Your tool BotLi.

First: thank you for that.

Ask:
I would like to play matchmaking with time controls between 3 min to 5 min + 0s.

matchmaking:
delay: 10 # Time in seconds the bot must be idle before a new challenge is started.
timeout: 30 # Time until a challenge is canceled.
types: # Matchmaking types of which one is randomly selected before each game.
bullet: # Arbitrary name of the matchmaking type. Names must be unique.
tc: 3+1 # Time control in initial_minutes+increment_seconds format.
rated: true # Whether matchmaking should play rated games.
variant: standard # Chess variant (https://lichess.org/variant) to challenge.
weight: 100 # Weight with which this type is selected. (Default: 100)
multiplier: 15 # Multiplier for calculating timeouts in matchmaking. Higher values lead to a wider

Are there special settings for this, or is only time control always possible e.g. 3+1, 3+0, 4+0, 5+0?
You are welcome!

Well the tool is not mine, the author is Torom (at Lichess @T0R0M), but anyways, thanks for being kind with me again.

Yes! What you are asking is possible, and could be achieved by setting the following matchmaking config:

Code: Select all

matchmaking:
  delay: 10                               
  timeout: 30                             
  types:  
    blitz_1:                              
      tc:  3+1                           
      rated: true                         
      variant: standard                   
      weight: 20                          
      multiplier: 20                      
    blitz_2:                              
      tc:  3+0                           
      weight: 25                          
    blitz_3:                              
      tc:  4+0                           
    blitz_4:                              
      tc:  5+0                           
PS: One tip from my side, if you plan to left the BOT playing for a very very long period of time, increase the matchmaking delay to something like 60 to avoid the Lichess API rate limit (as far as I can remember is max 200 games per day). I keep it on 90 in my 24/7 playing Lichess BOT (@ReinforcementTrial)
Solista

Post by Solista »

Nice, Thank you!

I saw Khalid Omar playing with 5 or 6 accounts. I think he's playing in auto mode. Unfortunately I haven't played a game against him yet, I don't know why? I'm playing in matchmaking mode, but he rejects all offers or I get the message "skipp" when my bot challenges him. Does Khalid use a game mode other than matchmaking? I don't know much about it, but it's very easy to play with matchmaking, I currently accept an Elo difference of 300.
IbaiBuR

Post by IbaiBuR »

Solista wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:46 pm Nice, Thank you!

I saw Khalid Omar playing with 5 or 6 accounts. I think he's playing in auto mode. Unfortunately I haven't played a game against him yet, I don't know why? I'm playing in matchmaking mode, but he rejects all offers or I get the message "skipp" when my bot challenges him. Does Khalid use a game mode other than matchmaking? I don't know much about it, but it's very easy to play with matchmaking, I currently accept an Elo difference of 300.
I think that BotLi always tries to look for the highest rated available player. Normally, it will skip a player only if it is playing another game or you have it in the blacklisted BOTs list (which is not the case for you I think).

Can you please paste what message do you get when you try to challenge him? It may be because his BOTs do not accept challenges and only challenge other people?

I am not really sure. If you paste the message here I might be able to tell you since looking at my BOTs logs I cannot find evidence about it.
Solista

Post by Solista »

I have now chosen a time control that I know he plays. I'll test for a whole day. :)