Adrian Oliva

Sedat Canbaz

Re: Adrian Oliva

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

massimilianogoi wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:22 am Book sent.
Adrian Oliva wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:53 pm Received Alex's book, sorry about the covid, I hope you recover well. Massimiliano, you have time if you want to send me a book because right now I'm doing an engine test and if you don't arrive I can wait or while I do the damage on the Skynet and Janus books tomorrow. Greetings
Let's the party begins... !!

And I wonder much what will be the results

Good luck to both players..

And thanks in advance to Adrian

Greetings
Adrian Oliva

Post by Adrian Oliva »

Hello friends, I'm telling you that I don't know why I couldn't do the mini-tournament between the 3 books. I suppose that maybe Massimiliano's is in ctg format and the other two are in bin format, it's strange because some time ago I did a mini-tournament with 3 bin books and went well. This is why the Skynet vs Janus book challenge began and the winner will face Massimiliano's book. My apologies friends and colleagues. Greetings
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Adrian Oliva wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:12 pm Hello friends, I'm telling you that I don't know why I couldn't do the mini-tournament between the 3 books. I suppose that maybe Massimiliano's is in ctg format and the other two are in bin format, it's strange because some time ago I did a mini-tournament with 3 bin books and went well. This is why the Skynet vs Janus book challenge began and the winner will face Massimiliano's book. My apologies friends and colleagues. Greetings
Hello Adrian,

Come to Cutechess GUI...all works fine... )

On other hand,
Strange and sad that if your Fritz GUI does not allow testing 3 books

Please use Fritz 14 GUI version..and let's see what happens..
It should work.. at least on my machine, recently I ran the Duel - DON vs Breaker
I mean even via 2 book players (and in round robin system) all worked well...

Greetings
Skynet

Post by Skynet »

janus wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:43 pm No worries mate - take care of yourself.
Night Nurse should help .. as always .. :popocorn:
Night nurse doing whatever she can (in home circumstances), but she also keeps her distance so she doesn't get sick from me. :sm59:
As for the vaccine, we decided not to do that because of the (possible?) side effects, also we didn't like the fact that we will be vaxxed with some chemistry that no one knows. Anyway this my third time in last 3 years, and to be honest first time was the hardest one.
Skynet

Post by Skynet »

Adrian Oliva wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:12 pm Hello friends, I'm telling you that I don't know why I couldn't do the mini-tournament between the 3 books. I suppose that maybe Massimiliano's is in ctg format and the other two are in bin format, it's strange because some time ago I did a mini-tournament with 3 bin books and went well. This is why the Skynet vs Janus book challenge began and the winner will face Massimiliano's book. My apologies friends and colleagues. Greetings
Hi Adrian, i had the same problem some years ago, the "trick" is - when you choosing and configure the engines, you have to pick the engine(s) with .bin books first, and engine(s) with .ctg book(s) in last place. Eg engine number one SF-PB-16-Janus.bin, engine two SF-PB-16-Skynet.bin, engine three SF-PB-16-Max.ctg. Otherwise, if you'll choose engines in random order engines with .bin books will play without book, or they all will use same CTG book (<-not sure if this is still possible). Anyway this is GUI's issue.
massimilianogoi
Site Admin

Post by massimilianogoi »

Holy smoke!! THREE TIMES? I've never seen someone getting it so many times before! Sounds like this covid will be a plague for the next decades...
Skynet wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:04 pm
janus wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:43 pm No worries mate - take care of yourself.
Night Nurse should help .. as always .. :popocorn:
Night nurse doing whatever she can (in home circumstances), but she also keeps her distance so she doesn't get sick from me. :sm59:
As for the vaccine, we decided not to do that because of the (possible?) side effects, also we didn't like the fact that we will be vaxxed with some chemistry that no one knows. Anyway this my third time in last 3 years, and to be honest first time was the hardest one.
People who have lost the hope.
massimilianogoi
Site Admin

Post by massimilianogoi »

I never had this problem... Image
Skynet wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:28 pm
Hi Adrian, i had the same problem some years ago, the "trick" is - when you choosing and configure the engines, you have to pick the engine(s) with .bin books first, and engine(s) with .ctg book(s) in last place. Eg engine number one SF-PB-16-Janus.bin, engine two SF-PB-16-Skynet.bin, engine three SF-PB-16-Max.ctg. Otherwise, if you'll choose engines in random order engines with .bin books will play without book, or they all will use same CTG book (<-not sure if this is still possible). Anyway this is GUI's issue.
People who have lost the hope.
Skynet

Post by Skynet »

massimilianogoi wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:30 pm Holy smoke!! THREE TIMES? I've never seen someone getting it so many times before! Sounds like this covid will be a plague for the next decades...
Yes, once a year. I doubt that I could get sick myself, but the problem is that i got infected all three times from my nephews (3 and 6 years old), i did not keep my distance. :angry-banghead:
Homayoun

Post by Homayoun »

Skynet wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:39 pm
massimilianogoi wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:30 pm Holy smoke!! THREE TIMES? I've never seen someone getting it so many times before! Sounds like this covid will be a plague for the next decades...
Yes, once a year. I doubt that I could get sick myself, but the problem is that i got infected all three times from my nephews (3 and 6 years old), i did not keep my distance. :angry-banghead:
Hi skynet
Take care and rest enough. Hope you healing very soon.
Regards
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Skynet wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:39 pm
Get well soon...