TB tool to fill in the ends of games???

FritzUser

TB tool to fill in the ends of games???

Post by FritzUser »

This is what we need, and the need is so great that it has to already exist somewhere. It seems crazy to put up databases that have the ends of the games cut off, even though the moves could have been played in a distinct order. Someone would just need to use the tablebases to fill the data in.
massimilianogoi
Site Admin

Re: TB tool to fill in the ends of games???

Post by massimilianogoi »

I'm not understanding. Haven't we the Syzygy and the Gaviota tablebases already?
People who have lost the hope.
FritzUser

Post by FritzUser »

massimilianogoi wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:55 am I'm not understanding. Haven't we the Syzygy and the Gaviota tablebases already?
There may already be a tool that does this. But the movelist just stops being generated once the tablebase solves the game. CuteChess will write, "Adjudication by Syzygy TB", and then leave off the moves that it actually used. I think there needs to be a tool that can fill that information back in, so that databases are more complete. Since there's only one combination of moves, it's certainly possible. In fact, that would be so useful, I have to think it already exists somewhere.
massimilianogoi
Site Admin

Post by massimilianogoi »

Have you tried to look at the CuteChess configuration?
FritzUser wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:25 pm
massimilianogoi wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:55 am I'm not understanding. Haven't we the Syzygy and the Gaviota tablebases already?
There may already be a tool that does this. But the movelist just stops being generated once the tablebase solves the game. CuteChess will write, "Adjudication by Syzygy TB", and then leave off the moves that it actually used. I think there needs to be a tool that can fill that information back in, so that databases are more complete. Since there's only one combination of moves, it's certainly possible. In fact, that would be so useful, I have to think it already exists somewhere.
People who have lost the hope.