Forum Rules

massimilianogoi
Site Admin

Forum Rules

Post by massimilianogoi »

This Forum is dedicated to independent, open discussion about all topics in chess (human and computer chess), including those which are controversial.
Members are requested to be tolerant of one another's viewpoints.

We do have a few little rules, though.

Messages on this Forum :
1. Are, within reason, on the topic of chess - computer or human. For anything else there is the Offtopic forum.
2. Are not abusive in nature
3. Do not contain personal and/or libelous attacks on others (not restricted to forum members), with the exception of determined chess players found doing illegal stuff or forum users being a danger for this community. Messages of this kind will be kept at moderators discretion, preventing too harsh or abusive attacks.
4. Are not of questionable legal status.
5. Are not exhortations to commit illegal acts.
6. Do not link to commercial applications nor request same unless made available gratis by author or corporate entity by written permission. The permission must be visible and genuine.
7. Respect any forum user.
8. The posted tournaments and tests must have clear specifics so that anyone can understand:
- type of cpu used
- ram of your system
- hashtable size
- threads per engine used
- presence and type of tablebases
- time used
- names of the participants
- number of games
- result.
9. Forum flooding is strictly prohibited. Avoid to make too many posts per day in a row on single topics.
10. Posts can be edited as much times as you want, but if you are found breaking the above rules by abusing this permission, you're immediately out.

On point 5 exceptions can be made if it's for example someone's burst against his government at the condition that it's not representing a real menace
(example:
- "that scum John Doe with that law forcing to close my activity... he should get exectuted" : passed at moderators discretion
- "I am gonna get my rifle and kill the major" : not passed. Plus, in this case, I could evaluate the possibility to warn your local police to prevent possible harmful behaviours to persons.)
On point 8 links to games are not mandatory but welcomed. This means that if you are working on a private test and you want to share the results you can. If you link the games you have more credibility, of course, but they are not required.

Please observe the above, cooperate with the moderators, and enjoy your time here!

(originally posted by janus, modified and new rules added by massimilianogoi)
People who have lost the hope.