What are you working on?

massimilianogoi
Site Admin

Re: What are you working on?

Post by massimilianogoi »

Of course you can. Take a look here: <link rel="stylesheet" href="/_autoindex/assets/css/autoindex.css" />

file autoindex.css.
FritzUser wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:32 pm
massimilianogoi wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:57 pm If I were you I would reduce the space between the columns.
That's the thing. I was looking into it, and there doesn't seem to be a way to style it. It's just an open directory, so there's no HTML page.
People who have lost the hope.
FritzUser

Post by FritzUser »

massimilianogoi wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:33 pm Of course you can. Take a look here: <link rel="stylesheet" href="/_autoindex/assets/css/autoindex.css" />
Okay, I see. I can link to header and footer files in my .htaccess file, and that provides a template. I guess I should look into autoindex. That's really cool.
massimilianogoi
Site Admin

Post by massimilianogoi »

.htaccess has to do nothing with this, it's just a file for the Apache server.

Yoy html page has a link to this cascade style sheet file (autoindex.css), it's there where you can modify values like columns width. Search for tr in that file and its relative values.
FritzUser wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:52 am
massimilianogoi wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:33 pm Of course you can. Take a look here: <link rel="stylesheet" href="/_autoindex/assets/css/autoindex.css" />
Okay, I see. I can link to header and footer files in my .htaccess file, and that provides a template. I guess I should look into autoindex. That's really cool.
People who have lost the hope.
FritzUser

Post by FritzUser »

massimilianogoi wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:30 am .htaccess has to do nothing with this, it's just a file for the Apache server.

Yoy html page has a link to this cascade style sheet file (autoindex.css), it's there where you can modify values like columns width. Search for tr in that file and its relative values.
I see what you mean. The thing is, these are open directories. They display that way because there's no index.html page.

Two good reasons to use open directories are that you never have to worry about the web page (since there isn't one) and updating is instantaneous. If I finish an opening survey, for instance, I put it on the server with FTP and that's it. THe whole process is finished. But styling those tables is not easy at all. There are ways to do it, though.
FritzUser

Post by FritzUser »

FritzUser wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:42 am
massimilianogoi wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:30 am .htaccess has to do nothing with this, it's just a file for the Apache server.

I see what you mean. The thing is, these are open directories. They display that way because there's no index.html page.
I apologize for misunderstanding. I think I see what you mean. Theres's not just an automatic index.html page, there's an automatic autoindex.css. That's cool.