Got on Fishtest

FritzUser

Got on Fishtest

Post by FritzUser »

Doing some testing for Stockfish, although, to be honest, I signed up to get access to the archives. Not sure I needed to sign up. But anyway, I now have millions of test games, and every single one of them has a FEN and starts from a position. So they're probably useless, unless someone here thinks they'd be worth posting. If so, I can definitely post them. I tried scoring for beauty, but since none of them begin from starting position, ChessBase won't give any of the games a beauty score.
janus

Re: Got on Fishtest

Post by janus »

FritzUser wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:29 pm Doing some testing for Stockfish, although, to be honest, I signed up to get access to the archives. Not sure I needed to sign up. But anyway, I now have millions of test games, and every single one of them has a FEN and starts from a position. So they're probably useless, unless someone here thinks they'd be worth posting. If so, I can definitely post them. I tried scoring for beauty, but since none of them begin from starting position, ChessBase won't give any of the games a beauty score.
I looked at those a while ago and passed since my preference is for normal games with openings etc.
Honestly I wouldnt bother as I couldnt come up with a practical, productive use for them.

Good luck if you go ahead anyway .. :handgestures-thumbup:
massimilianogoi
Site Admin

Re: Got on Fishtest

Post by massimilianogoi »

It seems something that a programmer could deal with: a FEN position and its relative evaluated moves, bringing to another FEN position that surely will be somewhere else between those files; the "only" thing to do to create games is a program interpreting those files and binding the moves, then creating the related games.
FritzUser wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:29 pm Doing some testing for Stockfish, although, to be honest, I signed up to get access to the archives. Not sure I needed to sign up. But anyway, I now have millions of test games, and every single one of them has a FEN and starts from a position. So they're probably useless, unless someone here thinks they'd be worth posting. If so, I can definitely post them. I tried scoring for beauty, but since none of them begin from starting position, ChessBase won't give any of the games a beauty score.
People who have lost the hope.