Site views: 930730
|Stockfish Polyglot: Updated September, 12 2019|
For Windows, and Linux.
This compiling is quite heavy, as you may see from the benchmarks, I don't know why... 2 seconds to end the test. I keep to see Elo raising in the Stockfish beta benchmarks, but in tournaments with less updated versions of other engines (like ChessOwl) Stockfish Polyglot is not at the first place... Who's telling the truth?...
This distribution is the correction of Stockfish beta having timestamp: 1568277198 - Scale down complexity for almost unwinnable endgames.
You can use up to four Polyglot books at once with Stockfish Polyglot:
Stockfish Polyglot is none but the very own Stockfish with the only addition of the possibility to use Polyglot (.bin) books. In order to do that I used the library polybook.h from Brainfish and merged with the Stockfish code. This new update features the 'OwnBook' checkbox as requested, so that you can easily switch from the Polyglot book to the local CTG book (Chessbase softwares) or ABK book (Arena GUI). I've wandered through GitHub to recover the 'OwnBook' checkbox code (it needed just two mere rows..), luckily I've managed to find it and extract the part I needed to use.
This distribution is enhanced by the pgo-build option. Stockfish Polyglot automatically detects your maximum number of threads and set it as default value in the UCI settings.
Stockfish Polyglot comes with almost any architecture available, hence also for old 32bit operating systems like Windows XP, old machines, 64bit systems, standard machines, modern machines and power computers. It runs on Windows only this time.
23/05/19 poll average vote: 9.16.
September, 12 2019: Source code on GitHub updated https://github.com/massimilianogoi/Stockfish-Polyglot.
Binaries of the latest version:
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_32bit.exe FOR 32BIT WINDOWS SYSTEMS
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_32bit_general.exe FOR 32BIT WINDOWS SYSTEMS
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_32bit_old.exe FOR OLD MACHINES HAVING A 32BIT WINDOWS SYSTEM
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_32bit_ppc-32.exe FOR POWER COMPUTERS HOSTING A WINDOWS SYSTEM 32BIT
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_x64_bmi2.exe FOR 64BIT WINDOWS SYSTEM AND INTEL PROCESSORS
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_x64_general.exe FOR 64BIT WINDOWS SYSTEM
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_x64_modern.exe FOR POWERFUL PROCESSORS ON MACHINES HOSTING A 64BIT WINDOWS SYSTEM (POPULATION COUNT ALGORYTHM INCLUDED)
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_x64_ppc-64.exe FOR POWER COMPUTERS HOSTING A WINDOWS SYSTEM 64BIT (POPULATION COUNT ALGORYTHM INCLUDED)
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_32bit FOR 32BIT WINDOWS SYSTEMS
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_32bit_general FOR 32BIT WINDOWS SYSTEMS
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_32bit_old FOR OLD MACHINES HAVING A 32BIT WINDOWS SYSTEM
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_32bit_ppc-32 FOR POWER COMPUTERS HOSTING A WINDOWS SYSTEM 32BIT
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_x64_bmi2 FOR 64BIT WINDOWS SYSTEM AND INTEL PROCESSORS
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_x64_general FOR 64BIT WINDOWS SYSTEM
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_x64_modern FOR POWERFUL PROCESSORS ON MACHINES HOSTING A 64BIT WINDOWS SYSTEM (POPULATION COUNT ALGORYTHM INCLUDED)
- Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_x64_ppc-64 FOR POWER COMPUTERS HOSTING A WINDOWS SYSTEM 64BIT (POPULATION COUNT ALGORYTHM INCLUDED)
Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_x64.exe single processor benchmark:
Stockfish_Polyglot_2019-09-12_32bit.exe single processor benchmark: